welll Robin's right...the REAL spring gurus are Eaton

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
rock
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

welll Robin's right...the REAL spring gurus are Eaton

Post by rock »

Folks,

I am am a happy mopar addict tonite! Mountainmoparrobin said, in answer to an inquiry of mine about rear leaf springs on Utilines, "...Any spring shop has them, and so does http://www.eatonsprings.com every spring shop I have talked to have springs, the key is not that they are only Dodge, actually its the metal and the Spring arch and size but numerous people have gotten springs from eaton..."

I called and talked to "Mike the spring guru", and he showed me how the Chevy really differ from what is needed to hold the box in my '64 the way I want. I ordered up a brand new set of ones, each to hold 1400 lbs shipped at $354. Fine with me as I had been looking for several years. I am really glad this forum exists so those of us who love these trucks can get advice and leads on parts!!!! SInce everything else on this truck is now new, except a tie rod I got from a forum member and it was fine, so I wanted a new spring set. Costly but mellow. I can't afford the $7000 paint job...all that is left, but that stuff about painting with foam brushes has me interested. I think I might get out some old spare body parts and try it out.

Anyway, thanks to all,
rock
'64d100

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

I'll have to remember Eaton springs next time.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Eaton has been around a good many years , I used to use them when redoing my big truck's (18 wheeler's) so they know there stuff
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Springs

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

I'm just glad you got them, I almost puke everytime I hear "no one has for my Dodge" :Thumbsup