3/4 ton discs

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by steven »

fosh69 wrote::banghead Wait! I take it back about using the 2wd cheby rotor... my idea was to use the original hub, bearings and races, and fit a slide-over rotor like tallzags 1/2 ton kit does... then bearings won't be an issue at all... just slide the rotor on over the hub and mount the caliper. The 2003 dodge 2500 front rotors may work for this, and that's a 13.89" rotor! I'll try this one next
Doh, I just went and got the bearings at the local JD dealer. Its ok though. I dont want to mess with the original front hub anyways. I dont like the slide on rotors either because I dont like how they're never PERFECTLY centered. I went to the machine shop, and he said a hundred bucks for 4 homemade bushings. He said he can make them so that the bushings will press in, and the races will also. I figured that was a dang good price. He said he will do it in his off time if I pay cash, so it wont be till next week till he gets them done. No big deal, I have plenty of other thing to restore :Thumbsup

And fosh, let us know if that works,

Steve
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO

steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by steven »

Ok guys, I need to know who has done the disc kit from AAJ, HighDesertDodge, what did you do with the rubber brake line that comes from the frame? Mine is rusted tight, and I really want to cut it off, but I better not if I still use it. :banghead
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO

wide65
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by wide65 »

I only have a half ton 5 lug..but I am interested in the brake conversion still anything for more safty!

HighDesertDodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by HighDesertDodge »

I used new lines made for a 79 Chev 3/4 ton. The master cylinder I used is off a 79 Corvett, With 79 3/4 ton truck lines running down to the spliter/perportioning block. then new hard lines to the frame where the rubber lines screw on. Make sure you get the rubber lines that are for the same year as your calipers, as they are different.
Well on my way to becoming that eccentric old man in every town.(crazy as a s#@thouse rat) With a yard full of desireable old vehicles that tells you, Sorry they're not for sale..... Someday I'm going to fix them.