Cop Car Wheels

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
OldD200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Camden
State: SC

Cop Car Wheels

Post by OldD200 »

Will those 15 inch Cop car wheels fit a D100 with no backspacing issues?

Thanks,

Scott

BlackCSS

Post by BlackCSS »

I had a set of cop wheels with 255x60x15 radials on my CSS for about a week while I was cleaning and painting the stock wheels. The fit well,and drove like a dream. I even had a set of 15x8 RamCharger rims on the rear of my old '70 shortbox years ago....lots of room. Go for it.

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

anything less then 4" of backspacing and your golden. :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

CLIFF
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by CLIFF »

here you go...

Im running Tallzag front disks and the tire size is 225/75/15's...No clearance problems at all. Plan on going with a 275/60/15's on the rear here real quik like!

Cliff

sireland67
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by sireland67 »

Cliff,
Your truck is looking really nice!!!
:Thumbsup Shawn

JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lawton
State: OK

Post by JJ »

Toughest looking wheel you can put on a sweptline. Actually they look good on anything. I just wish they were still cheap :pale .
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand,cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming,"what a ride&quot

Hemikuda71
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Oklahoma City

Post by Hemikuda71 »

JJ, thier still cheep, just can't find them.
R/T
'61 D-100 Utiline
'62 D-100 SWB
'64 D-200 LWB CSS 1 of 2 known 3/4 ton CSS's
'68 A-100 Pick Up (stolen)
'72 Challenger
'78 "Lil Red Express"
'97 Dakota Club Cab

BigDad
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: texas

DESOTO

Post by BigDad »

It loves them tooImage

CLIFF
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by CLIFF »

sireland67 wrote:Cliff,
Your truck is looking really nice!!!
:Thumbsup Shawn
Thanks...Im lovin this truck.. I still have alot to do. Every little bit makes it that much nicer to drive! This truck gets so much attention its almost a nuisance to drive sometimes. One reason why is that its my daily driver, so just about daily im getting questioned about it. lol most always in the morning when im running late for work someone at the gas station will come over with a "Man thats a clean ol-truck you have there. And the freindly person that I am I just have to shoot the *#%^ withem...just seems to get me in alittle trouble sometimes..lol hell most times! Thats what to expect when you drive something that most people these days have never even seen before. Unlike the Gazillion suv's and trucks you see everyday. Hell i saw 5 of the same color dodge Durangos today alone. Kinda nice not having what everbody else has! Whats the saying ...Dare to be different? I do!

thanks again for the compliment!

rock
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Cliff and Wideblock convinced me & I use em with 275 60

Post by rock »

Howdy old 200!
WHen I was really studying tires and rims Cliff and Wideblock made me several really thorough responses about cop car rims...So I broke down and got them.

Using 275 60 15 with front disc brakes, no rubbin anywhere. Love em! Pretty easy to steer too even with manual. I use an A833 OD 4 speed with a 3.91 positraction, and with that combo you will turn a measly 2400 rpm at 70 mph. Very nice indeed.
rock
64 d100

CLIFF
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by CLIFF »

lets see some pics Rock!...

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

Those police car wheels definitely look good but they are getting a little scarce and pricey. If you can do without the holes a cheap alternative is the wheels from an 80's Diplomat or Fifth Avenue. They have the same width and offset, just don't have the holes. They can be picked up for practically nothing at most junk yards.
1969 Adventurer W100

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Cliff looking good there , & the holes in the cop wheels are to help cool down the brake's during the high speed chase's
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

cowboy wrote:Cliff looking good there , & the holes in the cop wheels are to help cool down the brake's during the high speed chase's
The cop cars also had holes in the hubcaps for the same purpose. I just recently sold a set of wheels and caps. Do you do many high speed chases (or escapes) in your Swept? :lol:
1969 Adventurer W100

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Russ LMAO , cant say I have tried to out run any lately , but you still can't out run there radio's, & untill they started getting these Charger's , I know my swept would out run just there car's , with no radio's :shame
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Roger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Loganville GA
State: GA

Post by Roger »

I recieved my Hemmings Motor News today and a copy of the Coker Tire catalog was in it, They have Chrysler police wheels, caps and bands. I tried going on the website to get a price. No luck at pulling the price up. Other comparable wheels are a hundred bucks not caps or bands. Probably add up to a buck and a half per corner.
Roger, '65 4 eyed short bed.

army64100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by army64100 »

I had a 70 short step a few years ago. Started with a leaning-tower-of-power and 3 on tree with 33's on buggy rims. Bought a 383 (ran)tranny (had to rebuild) and three cop car rims with caps for $150.00 out of a 70 Fury. Well you can guess where they wound up. I never found a 4th but, took a late 70? rim and a marker drew holes, put a center cap on it and drove it daily for 2 yrs. Nobody never noticed except when I said something. Looked great!

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Post by Rodger »

Hola Class

When I got the 1970 SWB W100 it had a set of chromed wagon wheel looking after market rims on it.

I got a set of "turbine'd" Factory mags and my brother in-law refused to mount two of them for me. When I told him that I meeded two since the tyres that I had are going flat every few days he mounted them, but refused to balance them , "cause I didn't like after-market stuff."

When I told him they were RamCharger Factory optioned wheels, he said "...no way ".

So you guys do what looks good.

Uncle Rodger & Aunt Gabby
COS
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma

Post by cudajimmy »

I've got a neighbor with 3 sets of cop car wheels for sale WITH CAPS for $200 per set.

If anyones interested, PM me and I'll get you two in touch.
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

tallzag

Post by tallzag »

Ramcharger's actually used a 15x8 rim in the late 70's, same with the Aspen and Volare Super Coup's, really hard to find those though.

Cop rims are still very available but are getting hard to find.