Wheel Conversion

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Greg

Wheel Conversion

Post by Greg »

Can somebody help with info concerning converting my 1965 1 ton Dodge chassis from 6 bolt split rim wheels to 8 bolt tubeless rims? Thank you. Greg

Red
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Red »

greg, ive got a set of 17" six bolt tubeless rims on a 68 300 Im parting out if your interested, click on my webshots url in my sig, and go to trucks, there are pics of the rims on the truck, ill take 200 or parts trade, plus freight.
I was a cute baby. My mom said when I was born they threw away the mold. Some of it grew back- Emo Phillips
http://community.webshots.com/user/greenbean119

MowagW200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 5417
State: Foreign

Post by MowagW200 »

Hi Red, I was checking out the link you posted. I was looking for the rims, it's right it's a 17" rim, but I don't think the rim is for tubeless tires. Look at the slot where the valve stem comes out of it (looks similar to my 16" split rims). I guess, you must use a tube with a stem with 90 degree angle. The side is high, too (where the tired has contact to the rim) like on mine rims. Kind regards
Dieter
Mowag W200, 318 A, 200 HP, 4.88 axle, NP 420 4 speed - 2281199520 (on the frame)
1956 Chrysler New Yorker Newport, 354 HEMI, 2 speed powerflite, N56L3495

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Post by Hoss »

Greg, I haven't had much luck finding a way to convert the existing dana 70 axles to 8 lug. My suggestion is to see if you can get someone to build you a set of wheels.
Ken