Coil front suspension for the 66'

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
1966D100

Coil front suspension for the 66'

Post by 1966D100 »

Ok, me and my old man were talking over the plans for my D-100....the conversation went from drag racer to hot rod, we both settled on hot rod. I was thinking of choping the top (if possible, i have to get some messurments and what not), and we also agreed it should be lowered. I was wondering, do they make kits to do that for the sweptline? I've noticed alot of coil spring front kits for the other solid axle trucks, i was just wondering if they make one for us.....and if they do, who makes them....and on top of that, did you have any problems installing it and/or maintaining it at all. Thanks, i hope someone can help

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

drop

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

the best way is to go to http://www.eatonsprings.com and get a set of leafs from them, they keep the same 5 springs for a good ride and they can drop the front 3", their is also a company that can make a drop axle and they can get 5" drop, or if you on a limited bugdet then go to your local spring shop and have them take some of the arch out of the front springs. Then agisn you could be creative and come up with something new.

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

you could always splice in a cordoba front end and be able to fully adjust your ride hieght with the tortion rods and have power disc brakes :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100