New Sweptline Disc Brake Conversion Kit

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
tallzag

New Sweptline Disc Brake Conversion Kit

Post by tallzag »

Just wanted to announce on here that the new Scarebird Sweptline Disc Brake Conversion kit is now ready to ship! We just got the plates back from the laser cutters today and will have them plated by Monday. They will be ready to ship on Tuesday. Cost for people on this board is $135.00 shipped to your door anywhere in the US (Canada and Int is a little more for shipping). The kit is bolt-on and uses Chevy Truck Calipers and Ford Crown Vic Rotors (Police spec).

We just sell the brackets and then you buy all the parts. Why pay us to mark up the parts then tack shipping on top of that? Will have instructions and a parts list posted next week.

This is for 1/2 tons only, we don't have a 3/4 ton set-up as of right now.

E-mail us at tom at tallzagauctions dot com if you want to order a set of brackets or PM me here, thanks!
Last edited by tallzag on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garmando

Post by garmando »

Thanks Tom,
Just sent my payment via paypal. I should have the swap made by the end of next week to let everyone know how it turns out.

dwc43
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by dwc43 »

Now if someone would just make a 4wheel disc kit for the '70 D300 dually that you can no longer find drums for we would be set. :Thumbsup
Check out our club at http://www.musiccitymoparclub.com

Big_G
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Big_G »

Do you have a 4 bolt backing plate? Check out the recent 3/4 disc brake post. Won't help for rear brakes though.

Wayne

zdatdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by zdatdodge »

will this work for a 68 d100 utiline?
Will you have a list of parts needed for the install along with est of prices? Do you have pictures of an istalled conversion?
what exactly is a 1/2 vs 3/4 ton ?
thanks.

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

half-ton = D-100 series, five (or six) lug bolt pattern wheels.

3/4-ton = D-200 series, eight-lug wheels, hevier suspension, larger axles.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]

zdatdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by zdatdodge »

I was hoping there would be an update on this by now.
Looks like I will be moving into this project sooner than expected since there is something major going on with my front end.
Is there any opinions on the differences between this route and going ajbrakes instead?
I know aj said he uses large cadillac calipers, cant remember which rotors, anyone know of any obvious differences between these two?
Has anyone else who has swapped to disc know of wheel interferences, what do I need to look for in wheels with discs.
If I have wheels on the drums will they interfere with discs? Will wheels that clear discs also clear the drums in the back?

zdatdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by zdatdodge »

poof!
gone

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

zdatdodge wrote:poof!
gone
What?? :thinking Did you try contacting Tallzag on
this directly? He left an e-mail address.... did you
see it?
John

CLIFF
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by CLIFF »

zdatdodge wrote:I was hoping there would be an update on this by now.
Looks like I will be moving into this project sooner than expected since there is something major going on with my front end.
Is there any opinions on the differences between this route and going ajbrakes instead?
I know aj said he uses large cadillac calipers, cant remember which rotors, anyone know of any obvious differences between these two?
Has anyone else who has swapped to disc know of wheel interferences, what do I need to look for in wheels with discs.
If I have wheels on the drums will they interfere with discs? Will wheels that clear discs also clear the drums in the back?

I was the ginnie pig for Tallzags first set of front disk brake brackets....I dont know anything about the AJJ kit but the Tallzag conversion is easy as pie to put on.....I had to run new hard line from the splitter over to each side......the GM brake hoses fit right in the frame holes that the original hoses goes threw.....did have to file a little off of the GM hose fitting to get it to fit flush with the frame so the clip would pop on on the inside of the frame..im talking like 1/16 of a inch maybe...it so close to just fitting on its own it hilarous...
The master cylinder was a pain to do by myself...cause the four bolts that hold it on the firewall are loose bolts and not studs...this took me like 10 tries before i finally got one bolt and nut started so it held it up there! two people for this would be a 30 sec job

wheels..yes you will have to have a disk brake wheel...I too had the original steel wheels and hubcaps so when i put the disk brakes on the fronts would no longer fit....junkyard baby got me the wheels that came from the Crown Vic that i grabed the rotors from and they fit perfect fronts and rears, and the original hubcaps fit the ford wheels also.......i since change over to MOPAR COP RALLYS with center caps and rings....looks tons better then the hubcaps

have any questions just pm me
Cliff

tallzag

Post by tallzag »

My kit is cheaper than AJ as well, probably by $200.00, depending where you get your stuff. Think Cliff did it all for about $200.00.

dashshifter
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by dashshifter »

Cliff, you got any pics of brakes/wheels? GO CARDS!!
Steven Reinke
'67 D-100
'68 D-100
What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
Samuel Clemens

zdatdodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by zdatdodge »

tallzag wrote:My kit is cheaper than AJ as well, probably by $200.00, depending where you get your stuff. Think Cliff did it all for about $200.00.
I see your brackets are priced on brackets alone so that part is definitely cheaper.
Im not sure about how the prices for your parts list would differ.
One more question though, What size rotor do the cordobas come out to be?

tallzag

Post by tallzag »

Prices vary on our parts list since every parts store charges different amounts for the parts. Also you can find some of the parts at a junkyard and be able to do it for MUCH less.

Cordoba's used two different sizes, the big 11.75 inch rotor on Big Block cars and a smaller one, think it was around 11 inches. We use the Crown Vic Rotor on our set-up. I mailed out brackets last week, anybody get the swap done yet?

sabbfan

Post by sabbfan »

I received my brackets, just waiting for a weekend I don't have to work. I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I get some free time to tinker.

Big_G
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Big_G »

I believe AAJ's are $225 for the brackets, 1/2 ton or 3/4, and new hardware to attach the brackets ( new bolts and nylock nuts).

Snowdogg
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Suspension Brake HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Snowdogg »

Would like to know more About AAJ's, How do I contact, Will they work on 70 D-100
I need to STOP MY DODGE! Do I half to modify my spindels? Do I need a machine shop to have parts made or manufactured or modified? Is there anybody that offers a "TRUE" bolt on disc brake conversion kit?

CLIFF
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: Suspension Brake HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by CLIFF »

Snowdogg wrote:Would like to know more About AAJ's, How do I contact, Will they work on 70 D-100
I need to STOP MY DODGE! Do I half to modify my spindels? Do I need a machine shop to have parts made or manufactured or modified? Is there anybody that offers a "TRUE" bolt on disc brake conversion kit?
Have you not read this post from the begining! call Tallzag and he will explain his brackets..this setup he came up with is all bolt on...

tallzag

Post by tallzag »

Spindles stay stock and it is a bolt on conversion. Only thing to watch out for is we received two spindles to test on and they had different bolt sizes on the bottom two bolts. One was smaller than the other, so we made the brackets with the smaller size so you might been to slightly increase the size of the lower two bolts. Sent out three sets in the last two weeks and waiting to hear some more feedback!

Snowdogg
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Atention TallZag

Post by Snowdogg »

Tom , do you know what the two thread sizes are? This way I'll know if I have to drill, Would rather have it drilled right size so there less chance of me :censored ing it up. :banghead :Thumbsup