power brakes sticking

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
pete

power brakes sticking

Post by pete »

I have a d200 crew with power brakes. It has been sitting for a good while. When my granddad took it out the pedal went to the floor. No leaks but bled the lines and replaced the rear shoes. Then the first time I used it the brakes started to stick and wouldn't release. I figured the rubber lines are shot and holding the fluid in the cylinders. When I touched the wheels they were all equally hot which got me wondering if it wasn't sticking somwhere else. One possibility seems to be the booster and related master cylinder. Any one run into this before? IS the booster and secondary master still available?

Thanks,
Pete

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Pete, :welcome to the site, you should be able to get them from Auto Zone or Napa Auto parts , or any decent parts house , when you push on the brake pedel do you here a air leak like sound ? if so then your boster is leaking , or the vacume hose is bad , check all hoses & liners first , how long has you truck been setting ? also open your master cyl up & stick your finger to the bottom , if you get a lot of junk , time to replace or clean out all lines & wheel cylderes ,
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

pete

master cylinder NLA?

Post by pete »

I think replacing everything is the direction to go- but I can't find the Master cylinder! Wheel cylinders and power booster are available. Any other sources?

thnx!

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Pete , I dont have power brakes, but just replaced both master cycles on my 71 & my 69 both D100's from Auto Zone @ $20 each hope this helps
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE