Tie Rod - Drivers side LH Thread

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
acirco
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Blair
State: NE

Tie Rod - Drivers side LH Thread

Post by acirco »

Old subject I know but does anyone have a source for a Driver's side Tie Rod End to fit a 66 D100? I pretty much have everything else for the front end located and working on rebuilding but this one seems harder to locate. I am good with any substitute that fits the purpose.

Thanks in advance.............

acirco
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Blair
State: NE

Re: Tie Rod - Drivers side LH Thread

Post by acirco »

Well that answers it for me...............142 views and no answers. I did find a fairly expensive one so ordered it. Generally have found that if someone on this site doesn't have the answer, it probably doesn't exist. Thanks for the views.

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Post by Wildergarten »

acirco wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:56 pm
Old subject I know but does anyone have a source for a Driver's side Tie Rod End to fit a 66 D100? I pretty much have everything else for the front end located and working on rebuilding but this one seems harder to locate. I am good with any substitute that fits the purpose.

Thanks in advance.............
If you have numbers for the other side tie rod end then you can find them together in the Moog book. Else, you can get out a caliper and search the book by dimensions.

It's no fun.
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

Snowdog
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Red Deer
State: AL

Post by Snowdog »

I just got a cold sweat...just last night I got the tie rod off of the truck, but I've yet to remove the ends from the rod...really hoping my drivers side isn't a LH thread too. It's a 61 D100.
1961 Dodge D-100
Alberta, Canada