69 w100 wheel cylinder

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Levigator
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Queen Creek
State: AZ

69 w100 wheel cylinder

Post by Levigator »

Swapping out the driver steer w/c with a Napa part...the line is leaking all around the line at the w/c. Seems like the bore/flare mating surface is deeper on the Napa piece which isn't allowing the flare to sandwich correctly even though the fitting is tight...there's still 1/16+ play in hard line. I can't compare as I dropped the original in the garbage at Napa today. I'll call in the am and see if it's still there but has anyone experienced this? Napa # 36018. Thanks, James

nutz
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: phillipburg
State: NJ

Re: 69 w100 wheel cylinder

Post by nutz »

make sure that there is a cone in the wheel cylinder ...sad but some of the stuff is crap now
if there is a cone then might need longer flare nuts ....if no cone then they are wrong ...bubble flare
i just got my oil pan gasket ..felpro...f-n junk ...i remember when felpro was good stuff was cut too short had to seal with a lot of extra gasket sealer

Levigator
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Levigator »

For sure, generally have good luck with parts.. hoping this is just a fluke or else I have to find different brand.... I'll peep down inside the cylinder, thx

Levigator
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Levigator »

New part is bubble flare...bought a 6" line and cut the 45° off and reflared it..which gave me a reason to use my new indexing flaring tool!!

nutz
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: phillipburg
State: NJ

Post by nutz »

they make an addaptor bubble to double ....
but i just flare my own