D100 to D200 questions

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
revvinkevin
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pima
State: AZ

D100 to D200 questions

Post by revvinkevin »

Hi everyone,
New here, and I have a ‘67 D100 LWB base model truck.
I want to haul a slide-in camper with my truck, so I plan on doing upgrades.
I was initially going to just beef up my springs, but I really want to go the distance and make this an actual 3/4 ton truck (and then some, as I will still add a spring).
I have access to all the parts I need from another ‘67 (rear diff, front end parts, etc.).
My main question is this…are the spring mounts in the same location on a D100 as they are on a D200, or will I have to move them?
I’m also open to any other input from the folks who know stuff.
Of note, it would definitely be more cost-effective to sell my truck and get one already set up for my application, but I really like mine. It’s an AZ desert native with absolutely zero rust, which isn’t something that easy to find.
TIA.

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Re: D100 to D200 questions

Post by Jim100 »

I don't think swapping springs and axles is a huge problem. Especially if you like the truck. Even if you have to move spring mounts which I do not think you do.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

D100 has 5 lug axles, D200 has 8 lugs. If you don't swap both, you'll need 2 different spares. Frames are basically identical, but spring hangers/brackets may be different on the frames. Axle perches will be in the correct location. D200 axles are rated higher capacity than D100.

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points
State: AL

Post by martincom »

Actually, transferring the front clip, cab & box from one frame to another is not that difficult. It would be a good opportunity to address some other things and maybe things like a rear frame mounted fuel tank. I'd be more inclined to go that route than swapping axles.

Bear in mind things like the master cylinder, driveshaft length, U-joint size, etc will also be different.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration