Power steering brackets

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Drummerdad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: gray
State: TN

Power steering brackets

Post by Drummerdad »

After getting Isaacs truck on the road, I discovered its going to need power steering. I can barely get the truck out of the driveway.

My idea is to get a factory pump for the engine, and upgrade the mustang 2 rack to a power unit. The engine is an '85 318. I think I know what I need, but I need help just to make sure.

I hope this link works. https://www.hooverautoparts.com/product ... /PS004.php

This exact set of brackets seems to keep coming up. Let me know if this is right, please. And I guess a factory pump for an 85 whatever (it came from a work truck I think) should work.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Power steering brackets

Post by dodgeboykim »

I would say the brackets will bolt up to engine. Will they line up pump pulley with your truck pulleys. That I do not know. If you are capable of some fabrication work I would say they can be modified or spaced if need be to line up with truck parts. I have done that myself installing a truck BB Power steering pump with car pulleys in a 76 W200. Minor bracket mods was all it took to line up. :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.