king pin bushing reamer size

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
lc70sweptline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Stockton
State: MO

king pin bushing reamer size

Post by lc70sweptline »

I'm doing king pins on my 70 D-100 and would like to know what size reamer to use on a 8453B Moog kit . I have a .875 . Thanks for any help !

Series1Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Re: king pin bushing reamer size

Post by Series1Utiline »

For about the same cost as buying a reamer to do the job on your own, take your spindles and kingpins to an automotive machine shop and have the spindles brought to size. The surface finish and the size will also be much better that you can achieve with a hand reamer. I paid $35 for my spindles to be matched to the kingpins.

64D100Poly
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vancouver
State: WA

Re: king pin bushing reamer size

Post by 64D100Poly »

Series1Utiline wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:38 am
For about the same cost as buying a reamer to do the job on your own, take your spindles and kingpins to an automotive machine shop and have the spindles brought to size. The surface finish and the size will also be much better that you can achieve with a hand reamer. I paid $35 for my spindles to be matched to the kingpins.
OR you can do it the ultra "cheap" way and spend 2 hours straight and go through 2 brand new wheel cylinder hones and WD-40 getting em to size.... :banghead yeah I recommend just taking them to a shop or getting the reamer :lol:
A grinder & paint make me the welder I ain't

-1965 (early) D100 Sweptline Daily
-1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer
-1968 Barracuda Formula S
OO\===/OO