Horn Button Removal 1969

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
67step100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Niagara, ON
State: Foreign

Horn Button Removal 1969

Post by 67step100 »

I did a search but the answers were unclear. The Chilton book just says to pull the horn button off but I am unsure what constitutes the horn button. The pic below shows my steering wheel and horn. What part do I pull off and how (A ob B or something else)? I tried pulling off "B" as it moves but didn't want to force it in case I broke something. My self cancelling doesn't work so I want to fix it and need to remove the horn button to start. Thanks.
DSCN8399.JPG

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Horn Button Removal 1969

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

a and b are all one piece. Carefully pry the 3 sections, at the bottom edge between the spokes, away from the column. There are little tits inside that lock into a slot. Warming it will make it more pliable and less brittle.

67step100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Niagara, ON
State: Foreign

Re: Horn Button Removal 1969

Post by 67step100 »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:06 am
a and b are all one piece. Carefully pry the 3 sections, at the bottom edge between the spokes, away from the column. There are little tits inside that lock into a slot. Warming it will make it more pliable and less brittle.
Thanks. I'll leave it in the sun today so the inside warms up and then try and pull it, hopefully without breaking anything.