Brakes

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Rogueplay
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newton
State: NJ

Brakes

Post by Rogueplay »

I’m sure this has been talked about but with so much info I’m hoping to get the SIMPLE answer lol. My master cylinder is leaking inside by the pedal. The booster is attached to the frame under the drivers seat. I haven’t ever seen something like that.... anyway I want to put a new master cylinder and at sum point expand to disk breaks (keeping it drums for now) in the front. Which master cylinder should I buy?? Truck is automatic and I have no idea how the booster works so one step at a time. Thank you for the help

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Brakes

Post by dodgeboykim »

If your going Disc Brakes either go all the way now with brake upgrade to Dual system or hold off. I would be ditching the single master system and under cab booster ASAP. You will need a disc brake master at some point.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

what model truck is it? the 1 tons use a different master than the 1/2 and 3/4 tons. the remote mounted booster system is still widely used today but mostly on medium duty trucks from other countries. The MC on the firewall is the same as those trucks equipped without the booster.
The remote booster works by sensing the pressure when you hit the pedal then boosts the pressure to the wheels. those boosters are still widely supported in rebuilts if it ever goes bad on you. around 200 to 325 depending on the model.

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points
State: AL

Post by martincom »

I'd suggest you give Wayne a call at: https://therammaninc.com/ He is very knowledgeable and can quickly tell you exactly what you need as well as supply it.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration