D100 springs on a D200?

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
JLeather
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ijamsville
State: MD

D100 springs on a D200?

Post by JLeather »

My early spring project this year (pun intended) might be new springs on my '67 D200. The front left spring has noticeably more sag than the front right making the truck list slightly, and also the rear has camper special helpers added (like 20 leaves total lol) and rides pretty bad. I don't want to "lower" the truck per-say but I also don't ever intent to be putting a ton of anything in the bed. I just want it to ride level and occasionally be used like a truck still. Are D100 springs a direct fit on a D200? I know the front axle is the same, but I wasn't sure if that meant the spring length/width are compatible. I've got a D60 rear axle BTW.

Alternatively, what are the spring rates for a stock D100 longbed with a 318, and does anyone know the measurements for the D200 springs (length, width, arch, etc) so I don't have to pull mine apart, measure, and then leave it apart while the springs are being made?

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Re: D100 springs on a D200?

Post by my5thmopar »

Isn’t some of that info is in the manual and on here. BTW I’m getting ready to order new spring s to fix the lean on my 64 D100. http://www.sweptline.org/1963_1968_Cat17.html.

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Post by Wildergarten »

JLeather wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:23 pm
My early spring project this year (pun intended) might be new springs on my '67 D200. The front left spring has noticeably more sag than the front right making the truck list slightly, and also the rear has camper special helpers added (like 20 leaves total lol) and rides pretty bad. I don't want to "lower" the truck per-say but I also don't ever intent to be putting a ton of anything in the bed. I just want it to ride level and occasionally be used like a truck still. Are D100 springs a direct fit on a D200? I know the front axle is the same, but I wasn't sure if that meant the spring length/width are compatible. I've got a D60 rear axle BTW.

Alternatively, what are the spring rates for a stock D100 longbed with a 318, and does anyone know the measurements for the D200 springs (length, width, arch, etc) so I don't have to pull mine apart, measure, and then leave it apart while the springs are being made?
Since Eton makes springs for virtually many of these trucks, you might ask them.
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

JLeather
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ijamsville
State: MD

Post by JLeather »

Yeah, I will probably order them from Eaton. The parts manuals have rates, but not length/arch measurements. I was hoping to get that all together before calling anyone since made-to-order springs are not returnable.

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

JLeather wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:50 pm
Yeah, I will probably order them from Eaton. The parts manuals have rates, but not length/arch measurements. I was hoping to get that all together before calling anyone since made-to-order springs are not returnable.
Got ya. Post up what you find.

Series1Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by Series1Utiline »

Most reputable spring manufacturing companies have all of the specs for each model and year of car and truck.