CPP Pitman Arm

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Series1Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

CPP Pitman Arm

Post by Series1Utiline »

For those of you with the CPP 400 series steering box, what pitman arm did you order with your P/S package? I'm mainly interested in the center to center distance from the steering box shaft center to the drag link rod end hole center. Mine is 6" and I'd like to find a 7.5". I've contacted CPP but thought I'd check with the members here too.

Thanks for your help.

JLeather
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ijamsville
State: MD

Re: CPP Pitman Arm

Post by JLeather »

I'll have to measure mine, it came with the kit and was not ordered as a separate part so I don't have the p/n. I think it was 7", so like 1/2" shorter than original, and bent towards the box at the bottom for alignment. I believe (going from memory) that the 6" arm was from before they offered a Dodge-specific kit and was actually for a Ford pickup?

Series1Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Series1Utiline »

Thanks JL. That's interesting. I look forward to getting your measurement. I seem to recall they said mine was for a Chevy kit but I don't recall why. It seems one was thinner and required a washer and the other didn't.

JLeather
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ijamsville
State: MD

Post by JLeather »

Here's the arm that came with my CPP kit. It is 7 1/2" long just like the original, and it mates up to the stock Dodge draglink without any washers or spacers or anything.
CPP Pitman Arm.JPG

Series1Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Series1Utiline »

Thanks much. That's the one I would like. I'm not sure why mine came with a 6" arm.

Series1Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Series1Utiline »

Thanks much. That's the one I would like. I'm not sure why mine came with a 6" arm.