Help with brake parts

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Drummerdad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: gray
State: TN

Help with brake parts

Post by Drummerdad »

So Im about to order the brake parts for Isaacs truck, and I want some experts to see if Im missing anything. A brief review of where I am; Bought the truck with a junk frame, but didnt know. Bought a 67 d200 for parts. Shortened and boxed the frame, added a 4-link and an IFS, which I discovered came from Helix...Oops. Anyway, its in, and looks okay. It has the front discs, but its a mustang 2 IFS. Isaacs truck had a vacuum booster system, but it was just cobbled together. The parts truck was a 4 speed, with a booster, but the booster is in bad shape. So, Im doing a booster, front discs, rear drum system. All new, front to back. I need lines, fittings, booster, Master cylinder, proportioning valve, residual pressure valve, wheel cylinders, pads, drum hardware, springs, retainers, tabs and self adjusters.

A few specifics: The booster Im looking at is a conversion for making a manual brake kit boosted, but its specific for a 67 d100. I thought this would work best. It comes with a bracket, a master cylinder, the hardware, and a proportioning valve. I still have the booster from the parts truck, which had the extended rod, and the bracket. I should be able to make this work, even if I have to swap some old parts on.
The proportioning valve is for the drums, and google recommends a 10 PSI unit.
Ill be using 3/16 Nicopp line and Ill double flare the ends.
The proportioning valve is adjustable, and it comes with the booster kit. I assume it wont need a distribution block with this.

Is there anything I missed? I need the extended bracket to clear the clutch master cylinder. Im making it manual. I think I have everything covered.