70 D100 Rear Axle Flip

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Brucebiby
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lexington
State: KY

70 D100 Rear Axle Flip

Post by Brucebiby »

I've been looking for a flip kit for a 70 D100 rear axle, but I haven't found a kit. What pieces and parts have you guys used to build your own "kit"? What is the correct pinion angle after the flip, and how have you aligned the axle to get to that angle? Anything needed to be done to extend the shock mount?

I appreciate the help and guidance!

Jaboney
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Center Moriches
State: NY

Re: 70 D100 Rear Axle Flip

Post by Jaboney »

Looking to do the same on my 68 rear axle Flip. I got the front axle dropped by Sid and working on the RamMan disc brake conversion too.
Will try to post some pix. :lol:

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

You won’t find a Sweptline era flip kit. Not enough demand.

However, if you check 72-93 Dodge trucks/vans... pickin’s are still slim, but... there are a couple kits.

Easiest? Look under Ford SUVs, Town Cars, Crown Vics. You want Ranger bolt pattern, fullsized axle.
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

Lonestarcorduan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ferris
State: TX

Post by Lonestarcorduan »

https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/63SWP.html
Looking at using this kit and Chevy 63" springs from a '88-'14 1/2 ton pickup. Apparently people with Toyota pickup trucks use them alot. Gives them a little lift and better ride. I still need to go to a junk yard and look around, but it's freezing here with snow on the ground. I plan on starting with the front axle, reverse the shackles and flip the axle, see what kind of ride height that gives me.

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

Western Chassis 2104 is what I used. If you flip the axle with weak springs it will hit the frame and you will have to c-notch. You will have to check pinion angle and driveshaft length. Most kits move the axle. Search here for other lowering options. Meaning springs and mount moves. :2cents Craig