swapping front springs

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
ozzie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: colorado springs
State: CO

swapping front springs

Post by ozzie »

I am thinking about replacing the front leaf springs on my 69 W200 with a pair of springs off a 68 D200. don't know how this will effect my steering. the springs on the W200 have a reverse arc. I was told that they were designed that way, don't know that is true or not. also told that the bushings are different. so if they fit, will it screw up my bump steer, or will it put a bind on the drive line by raising the front of the truck? I am doing this to try and make the truck ride a little smoother. will this be worth the effort? thanks for any knowledgeable input.
ozzie

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: swapping front springs

Post by dodgeboykim »

68 w 200 trucks sit higher than 69 and the drag link is a bit different. Front may sit higher than rear. 68 has lift blocks in rear between springs and axle.
:thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

Hooper
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lompoc
State: CA

Re: swapping front springs

Post by Hooper »

Hi I recently swapped out my front springs and shocks. I have a 68 crewcab 440 that had the reverse springs. I ordered a set of W250 3” lift from Skyjacker. The ride is dramatically better. The bushings were the same, but it is best to measure, there is different sizes for the year and model. I ordered most of my parts online. In this case I ordered through Summit racing because of their return policy and excellent customer support on the phone. The complete kit was most cost effective. Now I’m looking forward to getting the rear springs change.