Brake adjuster problem

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
afuso392
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Genesee
State: ID

Brake adjuster problem

Post by afuso392 »

Can anyone give me some advice as to what I’m doing wrong? Or what the problem may be. I installed new brakes on the rear of my 70 D100. The problem is with the adjuster on one side, not fitting correctly. The adjuster lever rests against the centerline of the adjusting wheel instead of below the centerline. I have tried different kits and shoes all with the same results. The other side seems to be fine. Would appreciate any advice.

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Re: Brake adjuster problem

Post by earlymopar »

It would be helpful for the guys here to see a picture of your current dilemma. It sounds like the shoe may be flipped (upside) down but again, seeing what you're experiencing is a good place to start.

- EM

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Post by Jim100 »

I have had issues with the adjusting levers in the past. Not sure if the same or if it will help but I had to put it in a vise and bend and tap it to where it would engage the "star" wheel so it would adjust.
jim

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

like Jim says sometimes you need to tweak them a little to make them work. but first does it click when you turn wheel? or when you pull up on cable slightly and release does it turn the wheel? if so then its fine