Front W100 leaf springs in 1964 D100

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
hillsidehemi
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: STOUGHTON
State: WI

Front W100 leaf springs in 1964 D100

Post by hillsidehemi »

I have been using the search and reading about front leaf springs all morning. I find reference to later 72 to 93 truck leaf springs being a bolt in to my 1964. Also most say leafs from a 4wd W100 will lower it 2 to 3 inches. I would like to have it lower by about this amount. I suspect the ride will be stiffer but I can probably deal with that. I've also found a couple of references to this website and the springs they offer,

https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.ph ... ts_id=1496.

At $76.00 a piece it sounds too good to be true. I find other post where Eaton and other name spring shops are $500 to $1000. What I don't find is that someone has actually used these springs. What do you all think? This winter project is to replace the entire front suspension, springs, disc brakes, kingpins, steering box rebuild etc. Thanks

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Front W100 leaf springs in 1964 D100

Post by Hobcobble »

Ask them for the country of origin. :idea

John

Conrad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Austin
State: TX

Post by Conrad »

I bought these to take a look just in case my Alcan springs didn't work out. I know, most everyone would think that is a waste of money. But they were having a sale on these and at a little over a hundred bucks, there may be someone local who'd want these. Compared to the springs I bought from Alcan, they are super thick, the pack not much thinner in total, de-arched a significant amount. I haven't used them but just looking at them I would assume they would be very stiff while not giving much of a 'static' drop from what I have.

moparbay
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rapid City
State: SD

Post by moparbay »

I too am interesed in testimonials fromn anyone who has actually used the W springs to lower the front of a D truck. I removed the 2nd and 4th leaf out of mine to lower it and it rides like crap, WAAAY too soft in the front and the bump stops get more action than Domninoes on super bowl sunday. Pics and actual amount of drop and ride quality would be greatly appreciated.
moparbay

Ole "Blue" 68 D100 Adventurer
65 W100
67 D400
67 W100 (in pieces)
69 D100 converted to 4x4 (SOLD)