Shake what did I do?

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Shake what did I do?

Post by my5thmopar »

70 D200. I repacked the bearings, replaced seals and adjusted the front brakes. Now I have a bad shake under any acceleration. Doesn't seem to do it if I coast. Everything seems tight and nothing wobbling when jacked up. Now I'm wondering If I did something or this is coincidental. Kind of acts like a engine miss but, seems to run OK. Any ideas if somethings up with the suspension before I look elsewhere? Thanks Craig

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Re: Shake what did I do?

Post by MadMC63 »

Typicaly if front end parts are bad you'll get a side to side movement in the steering wheel and if tires are a problem you'll get an up and down vibration/movement in the steering wheel. Engine miss fires create a noticable vibration when the engine is under a load and subside when the load is released. I guess the question is do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel or through the body of the truck? Seat of the pants or hands.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

JLeather
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ijamsville
State: MD

Re: Shake what did I do?

Post by JLeather »

I've had a similar issue that turned out to be a tire. Did you rotate your tires while they were off? Try swapping them to the rear one at a time and see if the issue stops.