1962 D300 wheel bolt pattern question

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
hotskins
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Sanger
State: TX

1962 D300 wheel bolt pattern question

Post by hotskins »

New guy here and I'm looking into buying a 1962 D300. The truck I'm looking into is probably one of the most solid 62 trucks I have ever seen, at least sheet metal wise. My question is about the wheel bolt pattern. Now I may have misunderstood what he was telling me, but it was something on the lines of the bolt pattern is now non-existent and illegal. I guess the legality part is what has me confused. Can a bolt pattern be illegal? Doesn't sound right to me. Being non-existent, maybe. He also mentioned something about BUD wheels. Not sure what those are yet. If there is anyone out there that could help this old ignorant dumbass out I would greatly appreciate. Thanks

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: 1962 D300 wheel bolt pattern question

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

BUDD is a wheel manufacturer. Bolt pattern is 6 lug, obsolete but NOT ILLEGAL! The seller is the dumbass.

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

The only thing concerning those wheels is that they are of the splint-ring design, require a tube/flap & most modern tire shops won't touch them (liability issue, but not legality). You will have to have a truck tire shop do any tire mounting.

I am somewhat familiar with the town you live in, Sanger. My uncle was a truck driver for Hollingsworth Grain & Trucking for decades, and my wife's uncle is buried there in the local cemetery.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

Kaegi
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Allyn WA

Post by Kaegi »

was a very common bolt pattern back then. ford, Dodge, IH etc used it for years I think its 6 on 7.25" dodge 1 tons used it until 69 when they went to 8 lug. illegal is funny. no such thing.