This maybe a stupid question

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
12Valve
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Grand Forks
State: ND

This maybe a stupid question

Post by 12Valve »

Hello, All

This past weekend I got a 440 and 727 short tail out of a 73' Winnebago Brave, for my 63' swepty. That being said I sent a lot of time looking at the front end of this motor home, and it go them thinking. The 73' frame is based on a dodge D350 apparently. And I have the front clip of a 500 sitting on my truck, now the question is, would I be able to swap the front axel off of the motor home onto my truck? I was only playing with the idea since the motor home had disk brakes, and I really don't want to spend 1,200 on a disk conversion kit.

Thanks, Paul

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: This maybe a stupid question

Post by dodgeboykim »

12Valve wrote:Hello, All

This past weekend I got a 440 and 727 short tail out of a 73' Winnebago Brave, for my 63' swepty. That being said I sent a lot of time looking at the front end of this motor home, and it go them thinking. The 73' frame is based on a dodge D350 apparently. And I have the front clip of a 500 sitting on my truck, now the question is, would I be able to swap the front axel off of the motor home onto my truck? I was only playing with the idea since the motor home had disk brakes, and I really don't want to spend 1,200 on a disk conversion kit.

Thanks, Paul

Bet it would. Tape measure will confirm that quick enough. :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

My camper book says it is on a Dodge RM-300 chassis. It only listed the 318 so, maybe it isn't a 73. Don't know but like DKB says..get the tape out.

12Valve
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Grand Forks
State: ND

Post by 12Valve »

I measured it out a while ago. It would fit in theory, however the track would be 3 (2 7/8) inches wider. Only downside would having to run the obnoxious 5 lug pattern that was for the inverted dually.