Need help can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Kenny93
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Shepherdsville
State: KY

Need help can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Post by Kenny93 »

I have been searching around the forum and I'm sorry if this has been covered but all the threads I have seen is not quite what I need. So basically me and my dad have a 66 I believe(We haven't verified the year yet no paper work to go off) d200 crew cab. I wanna know if there's a way to lower the truck and still be able to tow stuff like maybe using air bags in the rear to handle the weight so it don't bottom out under load. It came factory with a slide in camper and I would like to find one eventually but I also wanna lower it and keep the rat rod look it has going. I have thought about the crown Vic swap for the front but honestly I don't really care to have power steering so I have to still do my research and find out how to keep the factory steering wheel and components because I don't wanna do to much to it to steer away from its originality. So if anybody has any thoughts on that please I need the info lol. I know you can lower trucks and still tow with them i have seen full out slammed diesels pulling 3 car trailers fully loaded and I don't really wanna lay frame just a nice low stance for it.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Need help can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Run the vin number thru the decoder and it will tell the yr exactly.
http://www.sweptline.org/SweptlineRegistry/index.php

originality....lowered........pick one.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: Need help can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Post by dodgeboykim »

Kenny93 wrote:I have been searching around the forum and I'm sorry if this has been covered but all the threads I have seen is not quite what I need. So basically me and my dad have a 66 I believe(We haven't verified the year yet no paper work to go off) d200 crew cab. I wanna know if there's a way to lower the truck and still be able to tow stuff like maybe using air bags in the rear to handle the weight so it don't bottom out under load. It came factory with a slide in camper and I would like to find one eventually but I also wanna lower it and keep the rat rod look it has going. I have thought about the crown Vic swap for the front but honestly I don't really care to have power steering so I have to still do my research and find out how to keep the factory steering wheel and components because I don't wanna do to much to it to steer away from its originality. So if anybody has any thoughts on that please I need the info lol. I know you can lower trucks and still tow with them i have seen full out slammed diesels pulling 3 car trailers fully loaded and I don't really wanna lay frame just a nice low stance for it.

Crown Vic would lower weight carrying capacity and it a 5 on 4 1/2 BP also. No longer original with that. Carrying weight with the leaf springs slammed may be a challenge in my mind and PS Can be done not using original box. Thread on that elsewhere.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.