Front Leaf Springs Removed?

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Front Leaf Springs Removed?

Post by earlymopar »

If you have removed a leaf from your stock front axle to lower your truck, I would be interested in hearing from you on which leaf you removed and whether you may still have them. My slant 6 / 3-speed 65' Series I came with a 4-spring pack and will allow the bump stops to be hit on the more severe dips in the road (this with the slant 6, new springs and a complete rebuild of the entire front end). I just swapped to a poly and am planning to add 1-leaf to the factory pack I have.

Thanks,

- EM

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: Front Leaf Springs Removed?

Post by earlymopar »

I know there are several of you who have removed leaf springs to lower your trucks. Did EVERYONE throw away the springs you removed?

- EM

Ypanic2
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: blooming prairie
State: MN

Post by Ypanic2 »

pulled 2nd ad 4th from top on a five spring pack. Ended up only 3/4" form bump stops,
look up my posts, there are some pics of how she sits.

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by earlymopar »

Ypanic2 wrote:pulled 2nd ad 4th from top on a five spring pack. Ended up only 3/4" form bump stops,
look up my posts, there are some pics of how she sits.
I'm not looking to remove any. I'm looking to potentially add 1 leaf to my OEM 4-leaf pack. However, my 4-pack has new main leafs that I had made that have both spring eyes reversed (the OEM main leaf has one eye up and one eye down). It rides well 99% of the time but on a downhill section of a country road with a quick dip at the bottom of the hill, I bottomed my suspension. That was with the original slant 6 and 3-speed. Now I'm switching to a poly and 5-speed.

- EM