Did 1965 D100 long bed come with rear coil suspension?

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Tiperoo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ontario, Canada
State: Foreign

Did 1965 D100 long bed come with rear coil suspension?

Post by Tiperoo »

Hello...looking at a 1965 D100 longbed and the guy said it has rear coil springs and said the truck is all original?...Did they come like that from the factory? I thought they were all leaf spring suspensions in the rear? I have no pics from the guy and he said it comes with heavier coils also.. the older guy he got it from said he would pop them in when he was going to haul a heavy load? any thoughts on this guys? I have yet to own one of these trucks and have not much experience with these yet? When I finally do get a truck I want to lower it..would coils or leafs be better for lowering? any pros and cons of each? thanks guys for any thoughts on this..

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Did 1965 D100 long bed come with rear coil suspension?

Post by soopernaut »

I see ads that say "all original" and just look at all the things that aren't original.

Did you see the truck in person? Saying that he pops them in makes me think they are helper springs that were added and work with the existing leaf springs.

Tiperoo
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ontario, Canada
State: Foreign

Post by Tiperoo »

No I did not see the truck in person I live to far away..he is to send a picture hopefully soon...The picture you sent is probably what they have done but I thought he said it had no leafs? I will post once I find out...so was this done with aftermarket kits or did Dodge offer it back in the day?

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Coils were never offered by Dodge. I once had a trailer made from a swept that they had removed the leafs and installed coils. Was the squirreliest thing Ive ever seen on the road! Total POS!