converting to power brakes 67 D100

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
bugeyedlonnie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fountain Inn
State: SC

converting to power brakes 67 D100

Post by bugeyedlonnie »

Hey,Dudes changing to a automatic from a standard, Like too just put a kit in from Summit racing.Petal ,master cylinder,booster.Seems like a solution but concerned about the booster hitting the engine 318 .Got the truck apart and easy access to cut out some of bracing for kit. Or is it possible to just use the orginal brake pedal and install a new modern master and booster behind that ? If so what could work as far as these parts.That summit kit probley will work with some hacking at $250.00 Got feeling someone has done this just switching out this stuff from another truck.So what cha think ? Thanks Bugeyed

Johninky
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: elkton
State: KY

Re: converting to power brakes 67 D100

Post by Johninky »

Years ago I used a power booster plus MC off of an early 1970 C30. All I had to do was extend that rod that connects to the brake pedal. Probably could have used the stock Chevy rod. Still have the truck and it still stops just fine.

bugeyedlonnie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fountain Inn
State: SC

Post by bugeyedlonnie »

Thanks,Man Did MC line up in firewall ok and will I need to do much cleariencing of that big @#% bracing stuff ?haha Also got some disc brakes on front and thinking of putting a proportioning valve to make it all work good and tight.The ol- school in me said: Why create more work ? haha But do believe in good brakes.

Johninky
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: elkton
State: KY

Post by Johninky »

This was like 15 years ago and can't recall what if any modifications but thinking it just bolted to the firewall. Clearance between it and the valve cover is minimal. Have yet to remove the valve cover but I think the cover will clear. I only put a thousand or so miles on the truck/year and some years I put zero miles. One of these days probably should check the valve clearances.

Edit: For sure 2 bolt holes lined up. I may have had to drill 2 more.