Eaton Springs

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Mopar1969
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Keystone Heights
State: FL

Eaton Springs

Post by Mopar1969 »

Hello, new to the forum,
Has anyone here installed the 3" drop Eaton front springs with a small block? Thanks!

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Re: Eaton Springs

Post by earlymopar »

I believe some here have. Personally I don't see how they can accomplish a true 3" drop considering the arch on an OEM spring pack is virtually flat. Where does the drop in their springs come from unless they have a reverse arch?

- EM

Mopar1969
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Keystone Heights
State: FL

Post by Mopar1969 »

Thanks Earlymopar, that's exactly what I was curious about. I pulled some leaves from my stockers and have the ride height I want, but handling has suffered, and I have a noticible amount of reverse arch. I don't recall how much arch my springs had with the full packs.

RobertGilliam
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Clinton
State: TN

Post by RobertGilliam »

I have them with a big block, 3 inch drop.

henryo68
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: murphy
State: NC

Post by henryo68 »

I had my 5 leaf springs dearched 3 inches at a spring shop. handles and rides very well. cost $150 bucks, a lot cheaper than eaton!

shopguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Central
State: NJ

Post by shopguy »

really weird all the differences on 3 vs 5 leaf fronts....flat vs. arched stockers. My STOCK D100 front 65 with 225 is a 4 leaf. The have a pretty good arc...maybe 4" unloaded, as they sit on the bench. But installed with weight, they are almost flat.

I have a replacement set that has 4 leafs (1 leaf was removed). each leaf is noticeably thicker ( 1/4 " rather than 3/16 maybe?). and that pack has a 2" unloaded arch.

Scratching my head, not knowing how the new pack would change the height, I opted to rebuild the original pack and install it.
Attachments
p1010002.JPG