Spring Lift options 70 W200

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
DicksDodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Dimas/CA

Spring Lift options 70 W200

Post by DicksDodge »

So I've searched here and I'm sure there is more information, I just can't find it.

I got this truck several years ago from my uncle. For many years he had a camper on the back. Needless to say, it's time for a rear spring upgrade. The front has also sagged. The front axle sits slightly forward (though even on both sides). I want to install a slight lift, but am having a hard time deciding where to start. It looks like if I lift the front enough to center the axle (stock height?) it would allow me to run 35s.

The first question is: What size lifts are you guys running? I want the truck to be usable for towing my boat/motorcycle trailer. I would probably not want to go much over 35's (or metric equivalent).

Second question: What brand of springs are you running? The only off-the-shelf springs I can find are Skyjacker. Anybody running these, how's the ride? Any recommendations for custom builders?

I have an issue with running lift blocks more than 1"-2" for leveling. I realize that the axle-wrap issues associated with larger (4") blocks would probably not come in to play with my relatively light towing loads but the long and short is I don't like the look of blocks. I've had luck with custom springs in the past and am thinking of going that route. I have been in trucks with custom springs (more leafs, same capacity) and liked the ride. Another option I've considered is going slightly softer on the rears and installing air bags for overloads when hauling.

Thanks in advance.
1970 W200 Camper Special 383/4sp.
2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab LB Cummins

hitparader
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Santa Barbara
State: CA

Re: Spring Lift options 70 W200

Post by hitparader »

Eaton does leafs with up to +3" from stock

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Keep an eye on the steering geometry when going up more than 2" over stock
height.... beware the Death Wobble..... :pale
John

DicksDodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San Dimas/CA

Post by DicksDodge »

Thanks. As for Eaton, they only show listings for the W100. I emailed them to ask what the difference is.

As far as 2" over, I'm not sure I need more than that. Hell, stock can easily run 33s and maybe 35s. I may just go with that.
1970 W200 Camper Special 383/4sp.
2018 Ram 2500 Crew Cab LB Cummins