1971-73 Dodge B series van, brake question.

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
RUSTYTOOLSS
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: New Franklin
State: OH

1971-73 Dodge B series van, brake question.

Post by RUSTYTOOLSS »

I need some information, and I was hoping you guys may be able to help. Here goes. Does anyone have a 1971-1973 dodge B series van (first with a hood),WITHOUT power brake...but having MANUAL front disc brakes ?
What I need to know is ..does a 71-73 B series van with manual front disc brakes , have a brake proportioning/combination valve ?
Or does anyone have a shop manual that shows the valve for disc brakes.? If anyone can give me any good information, I sure would like to hear what you have to say.. :study Thanks

Johninky
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: elkton
State: KY

Re: 1971-73 Dodge B series van, brake question.

Post by Johninky »

My thought is if the vehicle has front discs and rear drums, makes no difference if power or manual, then there has to be a proportioning valve somewhere in the system.

RUSTYTOOLSS
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: New Franklin
State: OH

Post by RUSTYTOOLSS »

I only ask because, I'm doing a disc conversion on my A100. I was told to buy a master cylinder from a 1971-73 B series van and calipers from a 87 Dakota. When I asked about the proportioning valve....I was told , That it was not needed. That from 1971-1973 the B vans did not use the Pvalve. And that everything was handled by the master cylinder. Just trying to confirm weather or not that there was/wasn't a Pvalve. your right I believe that there should be a Pvalve also.

sweatybetty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: s.w.
State: OR

Post by sweatybetty »

the so called "proportioning valve" is nothing but a gizmo that turns on a light on the dash when your brakes are failing. the actual "proportioning" is done in the master cylinder. the "proportioning" can be adjusted by changing the spring between the front and rear ports.