replacement brake lines

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
allsupj
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Hayden
State: ID

replacement brake lines

Post by allsupj »

I'm looking for replacent steel brake lines for a 67 w200. In particular the lines at the distribution block / brake warning switch block that have real tight turns. These are tighter than I can bend myself. I saw on this forum that inline tubing makes lines for sweptlines but they don't show anything on their website. Has anybody found pre-bent lines for their trucks?

coelcanth
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Brooklyn
State: NY

Re: replacement brake lines

Post by coelcanth »

hey,

you might be referring to some of my posts in this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=37905
but I didn't use prebent lines and i'm not sure Inline Tube sells them for our trucks. (they might though, best to give them a phone call)
I did, however, use stainless flare nuts which I purchased from them.
I bent up all of the lines myself. It wasn't really too hard with one of those small tubing benders.. a couple tough bends did take more than one try.
On some parts where the bend is very near to the end of the tubing, I could not fit the flaring tool and flare nut in place after I made the bend.
In those cases I had to flare the tubing end first and then bend with the flare nut installed, pushing against the nut in the bending tool instead of against the tubing as the tool is designed.
but it worked out ok

vin
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: usa
State: NY

Re: replacement brake lines

Post by vin »

those bends look great :clap