longer front rubber break lines

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
morbert
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: kelowna
State: Foreign

longer front rubber break lines

Post by morbert »

I am 4x4ing my 71 with a 2 inch leaf spring lift. Dana front and rear. My stock and dana front rubber break hoses are to short now. Could not find any thing local. I live in Canada. Has any one else had this problem ? If so what did u do to extend these lines?

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada

Re: longer front rubber break lines

Post by dodgeboykim »

morbert wrote:I am 4x4ing my 71 with a 2 inch leaf spring lift. Dana front and rear. My stock and dana front rubber break hoses are to short now. Could not find any thing local. I live in Canada. Has any one else had this problem ? If so what did u do to extend these lines?
You should be able to order longer lines from suppliers . Or try a 4X4 shop/supplier. Get a hold of brake parts book and look for appropriate lines. Their are solutions for that problem.

morbert
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: kelowna

Post by morbert »

THANX. I did find lines on line but not in Canada . Just doing a low cost build from what I can find locally. Thanx again. Mark

ebodyboy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Brocklehurst

Post by ebodyboy »

Wow. If this was exactly two years ago, I may have been of some help - friendly, Kelowna neighbour. I was in the same situation two weeks ago and no matter how many sites I checked, (recommended) hoses were too short (ie. #8116's). So, I went right into Raybestos site and checked various listed vehicles and settled on the longest hose I could find. It was the #4960 - which gave me 4" more length. Last thing I will do, when running gear, bumper, grill, interior back in, is to measure (required) length of shocks when about ready to install them. I'd expect YOUR truck, being higher, to have issues with shock lengths - both front AND rear. Would be nice to hear how you eventually made out - even two years later and no way of knowing if you are still active or browsing. Thanks. OH< and I got MY hoses from (one of four) local Lordcos. I know you have several stores yourself. :clap