Brake booster question.

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
RAYMAN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Gifford
State: WA

Brake booster question.

Post by RAYMAN »

Does anyone know how to adjust the push rod that goes from the pedal to the brake booster? I just put the booster in my 68' w-200 and had to change the push rod end. It originally came with a booster and the previous owner took it out and just put a plate in its place. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ray
Im old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

sdenty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Buena Park
State: CA

Re: Brake booster question.

Post by sdenty »

Mine actually screwed out at the end for adjustment(1967).

RAYMAN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RAYMAN »

Yes the outer part of the push rod on the front of the booster does. I am talking about the rod under the dash that attaches to the pedal. I had to change the pedal end and need to adjust it.

nytemuvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rio Linda
State: CA

Post by nytemuvr »

RAYMAN wrote:Yes the outer part of the push rod on the front of the booster does. I am talking about the rod under the dash that attaches to the pedal. I had to change the pedal end and need to adjust it.
I changed my Challenger from power to manual brakes and had to change the rod you are referring to a shorter one. They only came in a couple of different lengths for all Mopars of that vintage. This guy may be able to help you, even if he only lists brake parts for Mopar cars......http://www.theramman.com/component/virt ... l?Itemid=0 I've known guys that took the longer rods and ground them to the right length. Might be worth a shot to call him.

RAYMAN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RAYMAN »

I have the parts I just need to know how to set it to the right length.

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

You just need to have a bit of free play at BOTH pushrods. You can have freeplay at the pedal,but still have your brakes heat up and lock up if the push rod in the booster is adjusted so tight that it doesn't allow the piston in the master cylinder to come to rest against the c -clip in the end of its bore ,so it can release the pressure in the lines.
I sold all of my sweptline trucks,except the invisible one. I just couldn't stand to see it go!
( )
91w350 CTD
93w250 CTD