newer aluminum 8 lug wheels fit?

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Bradyyoung
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Bryan
State: TX

newer aluminum 8 lug wheels fit?

Post by Bradyyoung »

My W200 still has its original 16.5 rims and the tires are near impossible to find, so I got to thinking a new set of wheels may be the easier option. My question is if the newer wheels off of a 2000's model 2500 would work. I know the lug pattern would fit, but would there be too much back space? I like the look of the 17" flat 5 spoke aluminum stock wheels from maybe a 2006??? I feel like I saw a picture of one once, but I cant find it to save my life. Would I have to use spacers? I know its not the best idea, but Its honestly more for being able to move the truck around while I work on it for right now.

Bradyyoung
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Bryan
State: TX

Re: newer aluminum 8 lug wheels fit?

Post by Bradyyoung »

Where are all my experienced/ swept line expert question answerers!?!?

gww
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: falcon
State: CO

Post by gww »

no expert, dont think they will clear the rear diameter on drums and fronts may get into steering components. but do some measuring.
777s on all that have and all that do protect our freedoms.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Bradyyoung wrote:Where are all my experienced/ swept line expert question answerers!?!?
They'll happen. Give it time. :Thumbsup
John

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

I happen to have an '01 CTD 2500 and had some spare wheels for awhile. I tried one of the steels and one of the alloys on my W200. I didn't drive so can't answer your questions about clearances. Looked like it could work OK though.

However the lugs on the '01 are a larger diameter. The rims will fit with the old lugs and lug nuts but I did not particularly like the way the smaller nuts looked. Not much "grab" for lack of a better term. I think you would be good if lug nuts could be found with the proper taper and a larger diameter although you would still have smaller lug bolts. I have a set of later 17's on the 2500 now and they use the same lugs/nuts as the 16's.
RR
Vancouver, WA

'67 W200/450 CID
AA OD/SM465/205
PTO winch
4.10 powerlock
8R19.5 tires

olypopper
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fairbanks
State: AK

Post by olypopper »

06 aluminum 2500 rims fit great on my 66 D200.............however! They do rub up front when turninging tight!
1966 Dodge D200 Camper Special, Poly 318, automatic.

thedodgeman69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: reno
State: NV

Post by thedodgeman69 »

I have a set of steel chrome wheels from a 97 2500 on my 69 W200 and they fit as if they were made to be on there. They dont rub when turning, but they are heavy wheels. My friend put a set of 08 2500 aluminum wheels on his 67 D200.