new box power steering

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
CPPFRANK
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: LONG BEACH
State: CA

Re: new box power steering

Post by CPPFRANK »

HERE IT GOES GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PART NUMBER 6169PSK-400D

THIS INCLUDES THE GEARBOX WITH THE BRACKET, THE PITMAN ARM AND THE COLUMN BRACKET ONLY.

WE ARE SELLING THE HOSES AND RAG JOINT SEPERATLY BECAUSE SOME GUYS WANT CUSTOM HOSES OR HAVE A DIFFERENT PUMP AND SOME GUYS HAVE AFTER MARKET COLUMNS.

IF YOU ARE RUNNING AN ORIGINAL STYLE SETUP THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS NEED TO BE ORDERED SEPERATLY.
RAG JOINT PART NUMBER IS: 6169RJC-730 FOR $69
HOSE NUMBER: 400UHK FOR $75.

MACHINE SHOP IS WORKING ON A SECOND BATCH OF ARMS AND BRACKETS TO START FILLING ORDERS BUT WE ARE READY TO GET THIS OUT ON THE MARKET FOR EVERYONE.

PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT BECAUSE OF HOW NEW THIS KIT IS WE STILL DO NOT HAVE ANY SORT OF INSTRUCTION SHEET. THERE IS PLENTY TO USE HERE ON THE FORUM BUT WE ARE REQUESTING EVERYONE THAT PURCHASES THIS KIT POST PICTURES OF THE INSTALL AND ANY CONCERNS OR NOTES. WE WILL BE HELPING EVERYONE WITH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AS WE GET FEEDBACK.

kurt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Meridian
State: ID

Post by kurt »

Woo hoo thanks
1965 D200 Crew 5.9L MPFI/A518

CPPFRANK
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: LONG BEACH
State: CA

Post by CPPFRANK »

kurt wrote:Woo hoo thanks

NO KURT, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. WITHOUT YOU POSTING YOUR BUILD, WE WOULD HAVE NEVER EVEN KNOWN OR BEEN REACHED OUT TO TO HELP IN MAKING THIS A PRODUCTION ITEM

johnah
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pompano beach
State: FL

Post by johnah »

Yea, thanks Frank well be ordering it tomorrow :)
John
as I say "everthing could be anything but nothin is always somethin"

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

Plan on ordering this setup for my '67 w/318 poly. Which bolt on pump,pulley and bracket do I need to source? Chris.
Last edited by Txas2step on Sat May 23, 2015 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
61 shorty 170/ 3spd 3:91(sold)
66 lwb 318 poly/727/4:10 (sold)
67 shorty 318poly/4spd 3:55
68 ute 318/3 spd/3:55(sold)
70 318/727/3:23
66 d200 225/4spd/4:10( military)(sold)
68 d100 383/727/3:55

kurt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Meridian

Post by kurt »

You guys will like this steering its one finger easy and tight as a drum. Looks like its stock too due to the small size and original location.
1965 D200 Crew 5.9L MPFI/A518

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida

Post by CSS-Registry »

What does one use as a drag link between the pitman arm and axle if I decide to replace my stock power steering?
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

Txas2step wrote:Plan on ordering this setup for my '67 w/318 poly. Which bolt on pump,pulley and bracket do I need to source? Chris.
This is the bolt on pump ,bracket and pulley for your application.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Thompson- ... 1254256114
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-M ... 0d&vxp=mtr
here is a sourse for brackets # HF-PS007 https://www.jimsautoparts.com/steering_parts.htm
I sold all of my sweptline trucks,except the invisible one. I just couldn't stand to see it go!
( )
91w350 CTD
93w250 CTD

erik68w100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Sandpoint

Post by erik68w100 »

Ideas for pump, pulley, and bracket for the 383?? Searching the net, the big blocks appear to be a different application. I did find some remanufactured pumps, but could not determine if they will bolt up on my PW.

vin
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: usa
State: NY

Post by vin »

erik68w100 wrote:Ideas for pump, pulley, and bracket for the 383?? Searching the net, the big blocks appear to be a different application. I did find some remanufactured pumps, but could not determine if they will bolt up on my PW.
Same pump, different brackets.

413wagon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: cochranville
State: PA

Post by 413wagon »

SWEET! thanks Frank

RH62
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RH62 »

I didnt see it on the site.... is there a link to where to order it?

johnah
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by johnah »

You will just have to call them, PART NUMBER 6169PSK-400D
I call last Sat. to order the kit for my 1970 and the guy said is for 61 thru 69, told him to send it anyway. Have not recived it yet when i do I'll post any new info I come up with.

413wagon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: cochranville
State: PA

Post by 413wagon »

Ordered my PS kit from CPP today. Any Ideas on Pump and brackets for big block to power the kit?

johnah
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by johnah »

Start wiith Ebay you'll find 2 types one for air and one without.

rimerson
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: montrose
State: CO

Post by rimerson »

I have had the gear box in for a year finally got to drive the truck on trips. It has been my daily driver for a month now the steering has made it fun to drive when having to park or turn around. Driving it down the road at 65 it is a bit scary, need to take to alignment shop to see where the angle are set. I put the 4 degree shims in as Kurt said but it made it worse, so they came out. I lowered the pump pressure made it better to drive, but when turning at a stop pump whines because pressure to low. Talked to a GM engineer friend of mine ( I worked for GM for 20 years) and he said I need to look into the speed controlled steering they made for street rods. So I might do that or just drive slower and when I know I am going to be in a real bumpy area really be alert as that is where it goes real crazy. Just thought you all would like to know after you put P/S in something that did not have it,, its not all over till the rest is figured out. All my other street rods I have replaced the whole front end so none of the stock parts were there as that made those cars drive nice. Have any Q's just ask. It still better than no P/S.

RH62
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RH62 »

rimerson wrote:I have had the gear box in for a year finally got to drive the truck on trips. It has been my daily driver for a month now the steering has made it fun to drive when having to park or turn around. Driving it down the road at 65 it is a bit scary, need to take to alignment shop to see where the angle are set. I put the 4 degree shims in as Kurt said but it made it worse, so they came out. I lowered the pump pressure made it better to drive, but when turning at a stop pump whines because pressure to low. Talked to a GM engineer friend of mine ( I worked for GM for 20 years) and he said I need to look into the speed controlled steering they made for street rods. So I might do that or just drive slower and when I know I am going to be in a real bumpy area really be alert as that is where it goes real crazy. Just thought you all would like to know after you put P/S in something that did not have it,, its not all over till the rest is figured out. All my other street rods I have replaced the whole front end so none of the stock parts were there as that made those cars drive nice. Have any Q's just ask. It still better than no P/S.
What do you mean when it's bumpy it gets scary? Have you checked the kinpins?
Last edited by RH62 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

rimerson wrote:I have had the gear box in for a year finally got to drive the truck on trips. It has been my daily driver for a month now the steering has made it fun to drive when having to park or turn around. Driving it down the road at 65 it is a bit scary, need to take to alignment shop to see where the angle are set. I put the 4 degree shims in as Kurt said but it made it worse, so they came out. I lowered the pump pressure made it better to drive, but when turning at a stop pump whines because pressure to low. Talked to a GM engineer friend of mine ( I worked for GM for 20 years) and he said I need to look into the speed controlled steering they made for street rods. So I might do that or just drive slower and when I know I am going to be in a real bumpy area really be alert as that is where it goes real crazy. Just thought you all would like to know after you put P/S in something that did not have it,, its not all over till the rest is figured out. All my other street rods I have replaced the whole front end so none of the stock parts were there as that made those cars drive nice. Have any Q's just ask. It still better than no P/S.
From what you describe,it sounds like you put the shims in backwards. The thick part of the wedge should face rear of truck. What you are trying to do is tilt the top of the axle back to increase caster and steering effort. If you put the shims in backwards,you get squirly steering as you now have negative caster.Another simple way to increase caster slightly is to put a load in the truck.
I sold all of my sweptline trucks,except the invisible one. I just couldn't stand to see it go!
( )
91w350 CTD
93w250 CTD

rimerson
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by rimerson »

I had the wedges in the right way, and the front is so stiff with the leaf springs after hitting bumps or road fractures it has a bad wonder until you get control. If your ready for it its not bad

rimerson
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by rimerson »

King pins are new. whole front end is tight