New power steering

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
oldramman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Gresham, ORrego

New power steering

Post by oldramman »

Hey guys, although I don't post much I do follow along on various builds and have (like many of you) been looking for a realistic solution to install a modern power steering box versus rebuilding the existing power assist system. I was about to purchase a CPP Toyota kit designed for an F100 from Ebay for my 71 D200 Adventurer SE just this morning and did some searching CPP's own website. There is a new kit that's supposed to be available either this month or next that uses a new box altogether that was designed and built for CPP exclusively. Although not for us "enlightened Dodge folk" but instead for the Chivies and Ferds I know I will be able to make this work. The box will mount just like the original it replaces and is based on 79-84 Toyota box but smaller.
Here is the link to the Chevy kit http://www.classicperform.com/Store2/St ... PSK-OC.htm

Based on what I've read from CPP the Chevy or Ford kit should run about $700 complete minus the pump and pump bracket. The box itself should be roughly $400 which is about the same a used or rebuilt (with core) Toyota unit if you can find one

Here is a link to a video made by CPP on this box http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ekOMvTeVQ

robertob
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Brooklyn
State: NY

Re: New power steering

Post by robertob »

Wow that's cool. Would love to know the width from the mounting face to the center of the steering shaft.

theregularguy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Prineville
State: OR

Post by theregularguy »

oh dude that is awesome! i need this like a few years ago. wonder how hard it would be to install in the power wagons?

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

theregularguy wrote: i need this like a few years ago.
These kits using the Toyota box have been available for years. That is probably how some here came up with the idea to use them on a Sweptline.