Looking for a King Pin bearing measurement....

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Looking for a King Pin bearing measurement....

Post by wally426ci »

I am looking for a measurement to try and find a Ball Bearing set for king pins without having to buy a whole kit since i have new parts with the stock washer bearing.

I believe the kingpin itself is .0875 diameter. But to get a bearing, i would need the inner diameter, outer diameter and total height.

This could be measured with an actual set of new or used ball bearings OR new or used washer bearings so that I can locate a replacement.

Thanks in advance if this works out!! I can also get multiple sets if the interest arises. :Thumbsup

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Looking for a King Pin bearing measurement....

Post by wally426ci »

Ya know? I guess if i have the pin OD that I can measure my outer dimensions on the truck. Duh! :banghead Ok, i'll let everyone know what I find.

elacruze
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Jensen Beach
State: FL

Post by elacruze »

Wally, I have a set of ball bearing kingpins half installed-I ran out of time to do the passenger side and haven't got back to it. I'll measure the bearing and photo it for you. Give me a day or so.

mopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by mopar »

Wally and elacruz:
Please include me / us in the photos, measurements, and findings. I suspect I will HAVE to attack a few Kingpins in the near future, and will appreciate all the info I can get. I am aware there are two types of bearings, and one is MUCH more recommended than the other.
johnmopar'at'live'dot'com

backwoods
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Nineveh
State: IN

Post by backwoods »

I would be interested as well. I currently have my 67 spare front end torn apart. I am ready to have new bushings installed but am interested in hearing more on the roller bearing setup.

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by wally426ci »

Excellent, thanks Ellacruze. :Thumbsup

Well, I am thinking that the ball bearing front end has to be better. I installed a new washer bearing set last year which was identical to the replacement, but I am now thinking that any way to avoid resistance would be better so that has me wanting to get a ball bearing set.

If i did it again, i would buy the other set from NAPA. I may just do that if i don't find the right size bearing. That also has me thinking, Ellacruze can you see if there are any markings or PN# or brands listed on the bearing race itself?

:salut