68 D100 Factory Rims question

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
bkrpdx

68 D100 Factory Rims question

Post by bkrpdx »

I have a 68 D100 SNB on aftermarket rims. I would like to go back to stock. I have 4 rims that appear stock. Two are almost certainly original (painted the same color as the truck, all the original paint). Two are not. The two that are original have a different offset than the two that are not.

Did these trucks run different offsets front to rear? Are the non-original wheels just the wrong ones? They are otherwise identical, just different offsets (and colors). The tires on the non-original match the tires on the original, so at one time all four were on the truck. If not original, does it look better this way?

If they should be all the same offset, where do I find wheels? I need a spare, anyway.

Thanks!

Brian.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

The offset will be the same front and back. As I
recall, the '68 and older stock 15" rims have a
10" OD hub ridge to fit the 10" dog dish hub caps.
The newer dog dish caps were standardized at 9"
diameter for '69 & up applications.
John

bkrpdx

Post by bkrpdx »

Well, that probably explains it. The original wheels look like they would take a 10 inch hub cap, and the other two look like they would take a 9 (I, of course, have no hubcaps). Anyone want to trade two post 69 rims for two pre 69 rims? Or know where I can find some pre 69 rims. I suppose I need three.

Thanks,

Brian.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Maybe Trey will have some off of a '67 D100 he's
parting out. Look for his post in the parts for
sale section and throw in your request. They look
to be the correct wheels with the 10" hub rim.
He'll tell you for sure. You can also post an ad
in the parts wanted section.... someone's gotta
have some. Get measurements and pics....
John

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

They aren't stock, but, I have a set of 15X8 white steelies. Correct backspace. Rotten tires, good rims. Come get them. No reasonable offer refused. If you are in Portland, Oregon, it is cheaper to drive the 2 hours than to ship them. The wheels are off a 78 pop-top Ramcharger. They are on my 49 Dodge 1/2 ton right now.
-WD
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

If you aren't set on the stock narrow wheels a good cheap alternative is a set of '80's Chrysler truck or car wheels. The are typically 7 inch rims with the correct bolt pattern and are available at most any junk yard cheap. They take the smaller hub cap.
1969 Adventurer W100