67 D200 brake job?

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
OlRed

67 D200 brake job?

Post by OlRed »

Finally got my 67 D200 in the shop to get the brakes going. Not a stitch of fluid in the res. I'm guessing several new lines and all that. Been reading about how impossible it is to find brake parts. Question then is, before I go look silly with the local parts guy and order a bunch of line, what about pads, drums, cylinders, etc for my D200?
Aaron SEIA
ol'red

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

Everything but the drums are readily available. At least for the 100s. 200, should be about the same. Front shoes $10 Autozone, rear shoes $20 Autozone, wheel cylinders somewhere in between. Hardware packs are getting scarce, but the loose brake parts boxes have everything to fit. There is always the option of going through a reliner/real brake shop if other routes fail. Pricier, but better quality than generic Taiwanese/Chinese stuff from Autozone or CSK.
-WD
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

I got everything a couple mos ago at carquestfor the front of my 68-200.New drums were shown for 69-7? year cost@$80 each . Hardware kit $15, shoes $40,wheel cyl.$60 ea.,Wheel brgs.$20 ea., seals$10 ea. I lucked out,they had just enough studs in stock to replace mine(the pre 69's are swedged in)but no lefties.All toll It cost about$500 just for the front,but it stops better and straighter then ever.Don't forget to check the raised pads on your backing plates that the shoes rest on. If they are grooved your self adjusters will mess up. hope this helps.

Doug.