HELP -king pin- HELP

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
taintedspeed
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

HELP -king pin- HELP

Post by taintedspeed »

i havent been around much since the address change but i need some help as i am redoing the front end of my 68. it needs new kingpins. i purchased some of the bearing type kingpins and i dont know if i can do them myself or if i need to take them to a shop. any and all help :2cents gladly taken and appreciated. thanks -Randy :banghead
all mopar all the time

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Tspeed, I have to find my book as it's been a few years sence I did a set , but a good hammer & a good eye & two fast hands
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

JimE
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Glendale,
State: AZ

Post by JimE »

I paid 40.00 for the kingpins through Autozone and then took the axle to a NAPA machine shop that charged me 92. to swap them out. Pretty reasonable over all. Jim

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

you need to be sure you got the bearing type king pins before you try the swap. if you dont, they wont fit. theres a extra bit of clearence machined into the axle for the bearing type king pins. i was gonna be smart on my 66 and use them instead of the bushed type, i was sadly dissapointed when it wouldnt all go back togather. its easiest to do the king pins on the work bench, under the truck sucks. also, did you get nylon pin bushings, or bronze? the nylons can be done in your garage, the bronze ones require a reamer to line them up properly.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100