Disk brake swap

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
JimBeard

Disk brake swap

Post by JimBeard »

Since the front 11" drums are apparently becoming harder to obtain, has anyone tried to take the front disk set up off of a 1972 or later D-100 and mount it onto a pre '71 sweptline?
Jim

oneowner71
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Fort Worth, TX

Post by oneowner71 »

most of the people that have done that end up cutting the frames and swapping the front clip over... gives you power steering and all that jazz. There is a conversion kit out there... somewhere.
Thanks, Clint
1971 D-100, 318 3-spd
1970 Dude, 383 / A727
1974 Challenger, 383/A727 (451 5-speed, someday)
1971 Plymouth Satellite,
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab

Hoss
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Berthoud
State: CO

Post by Hoss »

68 W300 "Big John"
64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4 speed

JimBeard

Post by JimBeard »

Howdy Clint,
I checked out your web page. Nice job on the pedals. Might have to get you to make me a set. I am looking at a '71 LWB, 225, auto, PS, PB and air. Belongs to our Ag teacher here in Navasota. Front right fender is dented and messed up that side of the front grill. Don't really care for auto in a truck, but I can live with it. Has not been started in several years. Also looking at a 1958 Scotsman (very rare) in Whitney and a 1961 IH B-100 in Hempstead. I'll have more time to look at them during Spring Break.
Jim

67383wagon

disc conversion

Post by 67383wagon »

I have performed the uglytrucking disc conversion and it was very simple. The truck isn't on the road yet but I don't anticipate any trouble.
Jason

duracell
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Peoria,Arizona

Post by duracell »

has any one thats done this before noticed any wear or much play on the sleave just woundering

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

i did the readily available AAJ brake kit and it is a clean install using Aspen rotors. one less shim to install and you have to drill and tap the spindle - no biggie. http://www.aajbrakes.com

to my knowledge the ugly truckling stuff is no longer available since he packed up and moved over seas
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y