where does everyone get their brake parts?

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Andrew

where does everyone get their brake parts?

Post by Andrew »

i have been looking for a master cylender and a booster for my 70 D200 for a while now. mine leaks and doesnt hold pressure. i have heard of a few places to rebuild them. but im wondering which would be easyer. i have called many places and they have had no luck finding them for me. will any from some cars or newer trucks work? thanks for any help

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

I got my master cyl from Auto Zone about a year ago , in fact all my brake parts came from there , but mines a 69 D100 non power
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Post by Guest »

Booster up through about 76 is basically the same unit externally. Master cylinder will interchange through about 84. You can adapt newer if need be. Can get you a booster from a 67 /6 D200 if all other routes fail (I wouldn't run a junkyard booster, but, you do what you have to). Any of the aftermarket brake companies inthe Mopar mags carry a dual diaphragm 8" booster and master cylinder (together or seperate) that would work great for you.

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

Andrew,

I have not had any trouble getting brake parts from any of the parts places in Vancouver. Sometimes you might have to go to more than one but I use the phone first. I have gotten parts from NAPA, Auto Zone, Baxter's, Schucks (shucks, we ain't got it :joker ) and Cost Less in Orchards. The booster you can get from Brake Parts Incorporated over in Portland. They are somewhere about 22nd-24th just North of Sandy. I don't have the # but I can find for you if needed. There is also a guy I have # for in Portland that has been highly recommended for boosters over on Moparts.
RR
Vancouver, WA

'67 W200/450 CID
AA OD/SM465/205
PTO winch
4.10 powerlock
8R19.5 tires

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

well, i called baxters, (136th and mill plain) they didnt have it, said they couldnt get it, so i didnt try another one, same with napa, i always forget about autozone sense i havent been there yet, and costless has given me wrong things so many times i wont go to them, aka my 87 dak needed 3 ujoints (split driveline 2wd) they gave me the wrong ones twice even after i brought one in and said THIS!!! they still couldnt get it, so unless its oil or something and im already there, nope. so i need to try autozone and see what they say and napa again. thanks for all the help everyone.

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

I work in auto parts for O'Reilly Auto Parts. I keep seeing that ppl are trying to get brake parts, so tomorrow I'm going to take a look and see what I can do for everyone. I've been in auto parts for 25 years, so if it can be done, I CAN DO IT!
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

just to back jimmy a bit, i used only napa or oriely when i lived in houston. been doing bussiness with oriely since they were hi/lo auto parts. never had any complaints about thier quality or fit. o'rieley sells good parts. :Thumbsup wish there was some here in new mex, all i got worth a crap here is napa.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100