Lowering a Swept?

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Squid4life

Lowering a Swept?

Post by Squid4life »

Who has successfully lowered their 67-71 truck? What did you use? How much did it lower it? How much $$ and where?

I am thinking of lowering my 69 shortbed old rat rod style. Was thinking about air over spring style for rear, but have no ideas about the front. May have to get some springs re-arched or something...

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Squid

BigDad
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: texas

Re: Lowering a Swept?

Post by BigDad »

Squid4life wrote:Who has successfully lowered their 67-71 truck? What did you use? How much did it lower it? How much $$ and where?

I am thinking of lowering my 69 shortbed old rat rod style. Was thinking about air over spring style for rear, but have no ideas about the front. May have to get some springs re-arched or something...

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Squid
Look at the picture page of the forum page 1 and 2 of
my truck under Big Daddy's truck , you will be able to see my truck, and I answered most of the common questions there

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ
State: AZ

Post by slick »

I'm putting mine on a 78 frame...it's a lot of work, but it will be worth it in the end...also going to air bag it..Image

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

slick, honestly i love your truck right where its at :Thumbsup :salut
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by slick »

meangreen,
honestly I love your art!....my truck in particular! I can barely draw stick figures..hopefully that's going to be drive height, but when I park it I want to dump the airbags and hopefully the body will kiss the pavement..this weekend I'm either going to c-notch the rear or move the upper a-arms up...was going to have some adjustable upper arms made, but they wanted $400 for them...I'm just going to move mine up about 3 inches and hopefully that will solve my ball joint angle problems...so we will see how low it's going to go?

slick

Post by Guest »

ya i know what you mean, i will do that some day. but for now i'm gonna settle for a subtle drop :salut

meangreen
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by meangreen »

sry forgot to log in
DeviantS c.c.
the lower to the ground the closer to hell, thats where were all goin anyway. if sparks dont fly your to high

1970 d-100
76 360, 727 3 speed auto.

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by slick »

there's also another route that I looked into..a company out of phoenix said they would drop my front axle for somewhere around $380..they said I could take them mine and they would lower it 3-5 inches...if I wouldn't have found a smoking deal on my 78 frame I was going to go that route...i think it would actually be cooler than IFS, but I don't know if that would be low enough for me...the rear is easy just put the springs under the axle instead of on top

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

slick wrote:there's also another route that I looked into..a company out of phoenix said they would drop my front axle for somewhere around $380..they said I could take them mine and they would lower it 3-5 inches...if I wouldn't have found a smoking deal on my 78 frame I was going to go that route...i think it would actually be cooler than IFS, but I don't know if that would be low enough for me...the rear is easy just put the springs under the axle instead of on top

Can you get me some info on this place slick?
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by slick »

i need to dig through some stuff, but I will find it...

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by slick »

Industrial Chassis is who I talked to...they specialize in dakota front ends for older trucks, but they said they still drop straight axles...this was a few months back so I would give them a call....they have a website, but it doesn't really help us out much... http://www.industrialchassisinc.com
(602)278-6800 let me know if anybody gets this done...they are about 2 hours from me so if anybody needs help with picking up or dropping off let me know I'll help out as much as possible...

slick

cudajimmy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Oklahoma
State: OK

Post by cudajimmy »

Slick, I WILL be getting it done if they will stilll do it. I'll keep you posted.
69 Barracuda Notchback 440
61 D100 SWB Poly Auto
65 36' Chris Craft Constellation