Fatman IFS

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
Rusty_Quarters
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Madera
State: CA

Fatman IFS

Post by Rusty_Quarters »

Anyone buy the Fatman mustang II kit, I found one advertised on their website for 59-64 dodge trucks, for $539 it says hub to hub, is this correct? what all do they consider hub to hub? How much was shipping? Robin, I think you mentioned this to me about 6 months ago, did you buy one? I must of dumb *** out because I totally forgot about it until just recently.
To my son "...its not always important what I said, its important cause I said it." KEA

70 Dodge D100 no longer 4x4
68 Dodge Superbee (Real not Clone)
68 Jeep Jeepster
2007 Honda Civic SI
2005 Nissan Pathy

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Fatman IFS

Post by soopernaut »

That price seems kind of low. :thinking The only people I know that have these on their trucks are BigDad and Artful Dodger. There might be a few others that don't post often. Seems like it would run about $1500-$2000 for a complete setup.

motomatt383
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Durham, NC
State: NC

Post by motomatt383 »

i may be wrong, but i believe the kit listed at that price is only the crossmember. if you look at there add, it refers to the width "hub to hub" for all there kits. they use that term to describe or show the difference from kit to kit.

matt
'70 D-100, Ruffin,plum crazy/wht top,5.2 magnum.
'70 Roadrunner
'40 Dodge coupe
http://community.webshots.com/user/motomatt383
http://www.myspace.com/70runner

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

No I haven't bought one, I can't come to terms with the price, which the can't be the 500, There are about 4 trucks with the setup and it was around $1600-2500.00 as already mentioned, I'm sticking to the straight axle on this one :Thumbsup We should have bought a house in March but that fell through, so now the time frame is August, then I'll have a garage again and will get some things done, like droping the front, cross over steering, look at a bolt on IFS, and Mopar Disc brakes all one year and one vehicle (easier to remeber to buy parts for) :study

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

MountainMoparRobin wrote: look at a bolt on IFS,
Are you planning on making one?

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Yes,
that is the most needed item, for there are too many of us due to circumstances beyond our control that don't have a place or no welding experiance that would like to have an option, don't hold your breathe though, I'm looking at space, cost, and trying to find more backing so I can open shop. I'm also trying to co-ordinate the Cruise and Ralley for September along with the Route 66 Cruise of 09, and gettin a 68 Sweptline with a totally different aproach, but when I get the 68 this Saturday I'll be 1 step closer to doing more :Thumbsup

CLIFF
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by CLIFF »

I just bought the Fatmanfab stage II kit. it was $1899.00...+ $140 for the rack extensions and $100 for power rack steering and 8% shipping grand total was $2308.80.

They have to make the crossmember for my frame using the diminsions i gave them. This is not a universal fit kit they offer but a specifically engineered suspension with all the correct geometry and ride height that i wanted. The crossmember is 5/16 inch thick! It also comes standard with grade 17-4 aircraft grade stainless steel upper and lower control arms. Which are twice the strength of standard steel control arms "this is what they told me" I figured for a daily driver powered by a 440 this is good to have. Also get 12 inch brakes. bigblock springs...

If you want just the crossmemer and top hats this is all you get for $495

Ill be taking lots of pics for those who might be interested. Just not sure on when ill get them posted due to the fact that my cpu is not capable of using my camara software.... My laptop died a few months ago and im using a 8 year old gateway pentium 2 266 with windows 98! Ill be geting a new laptop soon. So Ill get them posted as soon as i get it.

dodged200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: kokomo, IN

Post by dodged200 »

Please do post pics, I'm saving for my fatman kit, and now that I know the price, I'm getting close. What year truck are you putting it on? What did they want you to measure?