68 d200 power steering

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
moparnewbie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: merced, ca

68 d200 power steering

Post by moparnewbie »

I have a 68 d200 camper special with factory power steering. The steering seemed kind of hard. I think all of the fluid leaked out of the ram since I saw fluid around it. I just want to know the common problems with these power steering systems so I can make the nessesary repairs.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: 68 d200 power steering

Post by Hobcobble »

moparnewbie wrote:I have a 68 d200 camper special with factory power steering. The steering seemed kind of hard. I think all of the fluid leaked out of the ram since I saw fluid around it. I just want to know the common problems with these power steering systems so I can make the nessesary repairs.
What you've stated is the most common problem. The stock system is prone to leakage. Some have
re-done them with varying degrees of success. If you can keep this set up from leaking .... it should
treat you pretty good. :Thumbsup
John

moparnewbie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: merced, ca

Re: 68 d200 power steering

Post by moparnewbie »

Right on. I guess I just need to get the ram repaired, and any other leaks. My first time working on somthing this old. There's alot of parts to this power steering system, unlike the conventional power steering pump, 2 lines, and power steering box and thats it.