clutch master cylinder

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
OleRed66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: North
State: UT

clutch master cylinder

Post by OleRed66 »

Hi guys and gals. Hey I'm thinking I have a brake master cylinder rather than a clutch master cylinder. I only have to push the clutch in about 2-3 inches before it is fully engaged, now it is slipping a bit and I want to get this corrected. I haven't had the time to see if I just need a new clutch or what yet, it may be over 30 years old now. Anyway, what is the bore on the brake and the clutch master cylinders?? Actually wait, I have a manual, it may be in there. Wow I'm brilliant :banghead If you know please respond thanks

:usa Mitt Romney in '08
1966 Dodge D100 - Ole Red
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee - The Jeep
1985 Honda Magna - Maggie
2007 Dodge Durango Hemi (wifes) - D
1992 Plymouth Acclaim - Gramma

dodgegrrrrrrl
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: clutch master cylinder

Post by dodgegrrrrrrl »

I am using a brake for a clutch, or maybe clutch for a brake but they are the same bore and it works fine. Your problem is probably:
1.) wrong pushrod length at the pedal, or;
2.) Air in the line, or;
3.) The pushrod on the slave needs adjustment because of clutch disc wear, or;
4.) A corroded cup in either the slave or MC allowing fluid to pass by. When you find the problem, DUMP the brake fluid out of the system and refill with ATF. It won't rust again and you'll probably never need to rebuild either unit. I would have used the silicon brake fluid but couldn't find it anywhere.

PS: Mitt Romney is NOT a conservative. He's anti-gun, pro-abortion, and pro-queer marriage. That has been his position up 'til now, so do you think he was lying THEN when he was actually doing all that or lying NOW to get elected?