Too much camber on 69

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
beloiterer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Too much camber on 69

Post by beloiterer »

Helllp! My poor ol truck think's it's a John Deer.I've got way too much positive camber. Can anybody tell me how to fix this? I bought this truck at an auction in California a few year's back and knew then that the tire's were wearing on the outside's but it has'nt been till recent that i've been driving it enough to realize just how much it needed fixed. It's a 1969 D-200. Thank's.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

I can't tell you how to fix it but you probably need a whole front end alignment. You would also have to find a place that can do straight axle trucks.

I don't think the camber would change on these trucks unless something is bent. Did you look closely at all the front end parts?

digdoug
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by digdoug »

From what I understand,they acually bend the straight axel to adjust camber.This is asuming that your king pins and wheel bearings are good.

Doug

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

Alignment on a Sweptline??? :lol: Yeah I would check everything out really good. Take pics and post them if you aren't sure about something. Good luck! :Thumbsup and :welcome
Doug

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Front end

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

You do have to go to a shop that has the right equipment, for beyond a doubt, the straight axle is bent to align it, doesn't cost anymore, infact may be less, I had mine aligned in 19889 and it still holding true, so once its done it will last, thats why all the 18 wheelers and every big truck you see has a straight axle LESS MAINTENANCE :welcome

beloiterer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by beloiterer »

Well now i know what i need to do to fix it. Thank's everybody. And i also know why i was able to buy it for $200.00.