Hey, does anyone body know if you can....

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
1966D100

Hey, does anyone body know if you can....

Post by 1966D100 »

Run an air-bag supension system in the Sweptlines without having to sub-frame the fronts to a coil over system (probably from like a later Ram, maybe a 93 or something)

Cause i wouldn't mind having an air bag supension system on my D100 since some of the roads around here aren't very smooth and low ground clearence friendly, yet i wouldn't mind still having the lower ride look.

If it can't be done without much fabrication then i'll settle for different leaf springs and tire pakage, but i was wondering since i have limited space and knowlage of sub-framing if it could be done. Thanks

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

air bags

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

You don't have to change anything for an airbag system unless you want to, infact airtech rides have a airbag system that will work, or you can do it the easy way and take all but 2 leafs out and mount the airbags in between the frame and the leafs and put your tank anywhere you want. Remember you can do anything with these trucks just keep it simple.

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

if you get a chance email powwag4@aol.com he did this very conversion on his swept 4x4. he still has the 3/4 capacity, but can lower the truck a bit to get a smoother ride, and air it up for ground clearence and load handling. he removed all but the main leaf, this is used as an axle locator, and the air bags do the rest. they are mounted between the frame and the axle top on welded brackets. from teh pics i saw he has about 12 inches of suspension adjustment, and didnt loose any of its truck abilities to carry a load. :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100