Dropping front update

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Dropping front update

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Guys with a lot of people attempting to drop some of the height out of the front, primarly by the least expensive route of flippin the axle, I called the Denver Spring Shop to find out how much would it cost to de-arch the front springs, which will drop the truck about 3": The result was it cost $30.00 per side, if, if, I take the Springs off and bring them in, if they have to take the Springs off then $114.00 labor per side??? seems expensive $288.00 as opposed to http://www.eatonsprings.com getting new spring pac for $430.00 with a 3" drop. So flippin is still less expensive, but there are problems :study

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Dropping front update

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Now I have located some springs from a W200, they have less arch than the D100, will be able to take them to the Spring shop and have just a .5 positive arch done and this will drop the front, hopefully as close to 3" as possible, without changing the geometry so no modifications will be needed :Thumbsup

CLIFF
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by CLIFF »

I bought a new set of dropped springs from a Company here in my hometown of St Louis,MO. I was out $75 for left side and $78 for the right side? Go figure. there a 4 leaf set with 3 inches of drop. And man did they drop the truck. I forgot to take a before measurement but they definitly dropped at least the 3 inches im sure. But the only thing that concerns me is the springs are dearched now since I mounted them on the truck. Looks really weird to me being the first time I ever seen this. Truck seems to handle noticably better. Does seem to hit bump stops on frame rather quikly. So im going to trim them down a bit. Steering seems to havnt changed a bit.I only have the slant six in it now so i drive it around like grandpa. Im also running Rancho 5000 on all 4 corners. I allready had them on the truck months before. I dont think ill like the handling very well once i put the 440 in that im building. Its going to be mostly stock except intake/carb/mild port and polish work on 456 casting heads and rv cam. Unless a swaybar would make a significant difference. I have some before pics of the truck sitting in the drivway. Ill go snap some new pics so we can see the difference.

motomatt383
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Durham, NC
State: NC

Post by motomatt383 »

definetly! let's see some pics! i'm still lookin' to try to get a little more outa my truck. i don't want to lose the drive ability of it, but it needs to be about 2 inches lower.(all the way around)

matt
'70 D-100, Ruffin,plum crazy/wht top,5.2 magnum.
'70 Roadrunner
'40 Dodge coupe
http://community.webshots.com/user/motomatt383
http://www.myspace.com/70runner